Wow! Here we are at the end of another year…a time for reflection over the past year and looking ahead to the next.
Here at Hug CEO, we’re grateful to have met so many amazing children and staff members during our visits to orphanages and residential foster homes in 4 countries.
In 2017, we:
- visited 8 orphanages/residential foster homes (Miracle Kidz, Nazareth House, Baphumelele, Hogar de Niñas de Cupey, Hogar Para Todos, Queen Louise Home for Children, Hogar de las Bienaventuranzas, and I Can Foundation) in 4 countries (South Africa, U.S., Peru, and St. Maarten)
- donated items to 1 orphanage (Eunime) for children with HIV/AIDS in Tijuana, Mexico
- donated approximately 900 pounds of food, clothing, hygiene supplies, medical supplies, school supplies, stuffed animals, and recreational items
- held our 1st annual fundraiser gala aboard the Odyssey in Washington, DC
- connected with an organization called Invictus Institute which is working to provide tutoring resources to homes we’ve visited
As you can see, it’s been a fantastic, productive year, and we look forward to continuing our work with current homes, as well as connecting with new homes in 2018. It will also mark the start of our new initiative to bring small groups of volunteers with us on visits that will combine orphanage visits with opportunities to experience cultural aspects of each country.
None of this would be possible without the steadfast support of all of you! Thank you for your time, your energy, your donations, and your compassion. Your love makes a difference.